An advertisement for the Chapel dating to the early 1900s. Interestingly, the Chapel is referred to as the 'Cathedral of Methodism', a description sometimes used from the mid 1800s onwards. The minister at the time was the Rev. Walter H. Armstrong, who served at Wesley's Chapel between 1919 and 1923. He was to serve for another term during and after the end of WWII, between 1944 and 1947.