This postcard shows the entrance area of Wesley's Chapel, City Road, in about 1900.
As built, Wesley's Chapel had no entrance area or vestibule and the Chapel was one large room. In the late 1800s, a vestibule was thought desirable, as it reduced noise from the street and helped to keep the Chapel warmer in winter. Thus, in the 1890s, a wooden screen with stained glass windows was installed. The screen is visible to the left of the image.
Compare this postcard with the Online Collection image of the glass screen wall as installed following the refurbishment of the Chapel in the 1970s.