Probably late 1800s
This small teapot belonged to David Hill (1840-1896). Hill was a British Wesleyan Methodist missionary in China in the mid 1800s. He served with the English Wesleyan Methodist Society, primarily in Hankow.
Hill established a hospital and homes for the aged, the blind, and orphans and his evangelical work extended outside the boundaries of existing Methodist circuits in China. This resulted in the formation of the Central China Lay Mission in the 1880s.