This bible was found under some outside stairs and in rubble at Epworth Rectory in the mid 1800s. The bible dates to the 1600s and is partially singed. It is likely that it survived the fire of 1709, which burned the old rectory to the ground.
Inside the bible are a number of children's doodles in ink, especially of animals and birds. It is possible these were drawn by the Wesley children.