This unusual photograph gives a view of the former vestry at Wesley's Chapel. The vestry was a small building attached to the Chapel which was used as an office and for changing into ceremonial robes.
The vestry would appear to have been built shortly after the Chapel, probably around 1820. It was located at the back of the Chapel close to John Wesley's tomb (which can be seen in the photograph). The vestry was demolished around 1980 when the graveyard was redeveloped, which included the construction of an office block over part of the land.