An interesting certificate registering the house of John Bonsor of Kinoulton in Nottinghamshire as a 'Place of public Worship... for Protestant Dissenters' on 13th December, 1799.
In small villages where there was no chapel, private houses were often the first place in which 'dissenters' (in this case Methodists) practised public worship. Registration made this worship legal. Often a chapel was built soon after.
It is not clear whether this document is the original, or a file copy, as it is not witnessed and bears no seal, but it demonstrates how damaged or defaced sections could be corrected without wasting paper - by pasting a small piece of paper on top!