The Methodist Magazine was a monthly periodical which ran as Arminian Magazine 1-20 (1778-1797); then, as Methodist Magazine 21-44 (1798-1821). In 1822 and until 1913, it was known as the Wesleyan-Methodist Magazine (45-136) and became afterwards the Magazine of the Wesleyan Methodist Church between 1914 and 1926 (137-149). Since 1927, it has been known once more as the Methodist Magazine (150--). Between 1792 and 1821, the magazine was edited by George Whitfield, George Story and Joseph Benson, close associates of John Wesley. This is the edition for April, 1809.