John Wesley's House was opened to the public as a historic house museum in 1898. Originally, the three rooms on the first floor only (Wesley's rooms) were dedicated to the museum.
This is a reserved seat ticket, which admitted "its holder to a seat in the Body of the Chapel, or front seats in the Gallery, at any service in connection" with the opening of Wesley's House. Four days of services were dedicated to the opening ceremonies.
The ticket cost 1 guinea, which was a great deal of money in 1898, especially when considering that admission to the services for the public was free of charge. Likely, the money raised was earmarked to help defray the costs of preparing Wesley's House for opening.