Unidentified artist, c.1800
An early interior view of John Wesley's 'New Chapel', today's Wesley's Chapel. It shows the Chapel much as it looked during Wesley's day, without stained glass.
Originally, the pulpit had three levels, which were intended to reflect the importance of the readings delivered there. The top tier was reserved for the delivery of the sermon. The Chapel's pulpit was cut down in the 1860s.