Photograph of the memorial to Revd. William Fiddian Moulton (1835-1898) at Wesley's Chapel.
A scientist as well as minister by training, Moulton rose quickly to a teaching appointment at Richmond College in 1858. In 1875, he moved to Cambridge and founded The Leys School where he remained as Headmaster until his death in 1891. Moulton established The Leysian Mission in London and became President of the Methodist Conference in 1890-1891. Throughout his career, he contributed to scholarly debates and published academic works, in particular in relation to the Bible.
See also the engraving 1992/174 of the Revd. Moulton in the Online Collection.